FORGE helps innovators navigate the journey from physical prototype through to commercialization and impact at scale. We provide instruction, training, access to grants, and right-fit introductions to regional suppliers and manufacturers.
Why Eastern Massachusetts?
Research and Development: Massachusetts is one of the top states for R&D investment, with the second-highest R&D spending in the country. Massachusetts businesses are investing in innovative products. FORGE can connect innovators to a strong, advanced regional supply chain network. Our Lowell location brings innovative companies and manufacturers together in the heart of America’s industrial revolution.
Advanced Manufacturing: Merrimack Valley’s manufacturing history stretches back to the time of water-powered textile mills, but the region knows how to stay on the cutting edge. With a manufacturing workforce of over 250,000, Massachusetts employs twice the national rate of computer and electronics manufacturing workers. In the area, you’ll find outstanding makers of biotech and medical devices, semiconductors, smart textiles, and much more – just what startups with physical products need.
The FORGE Massachusetts program is supported by funding and collaboration from our partner organizations
FORGE’s committed partners help us support a self-fueling innovation ecosystem and give forward-thinking startups the tools they need to succeed, from education and training to connections to local supply chains across the Bay State.
FORGE Massachusetts ecosystem collaborators
FORGE fosters relationships with a blossoming ecosystem of organizations that work with startups and manufacturers. We’re always evolving our collaboration to keep pace with startups’ ever-changing needs.
Hear from Eastern MA Innovative Companies
“PowerHouse is a huge fan of FORGE development workshops and webinars. Not only is the content phenomenal, but the presenters and attendees in the FORGE startup Ecosystem are knowledgeable and helpful. An engineering firm’s partner referral and connections to local manufacturers have helped direct our growth. The FORGE Product Development Grant is valuable, but their Ecosystem is the gift that keeps on giving.”
— Joey Fiore, PowerHouse founder
“With the help of FORGE, the company has been able to turn the services and products into a startup and a rising supplier. Today, CADSPARC works with clients in various industries and continues to be a key partner with FORGE to foster local economic growth and innovation.”
— Jonathan Aguilar, founder of CADSPARC
“Loring Human Factors has been part of the FORGE network since 2021. Our office is located at the UMass Lowell Innovation Hub where FORGE’s office is located. I have seen first-hand the positive impact they have on the startup community. My company provides human factors and usability engineering services to medical device innovators, and FORGE has introduced me to several startups that could use our services. The result will be the local development of medical devices that are easier and safer to use.“
— Beth A. Loring, founder of Loring Human Factors
The FORGE Supply Chain Network
- Zero costs – FORGE is a mission-driven 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so it costs nothing to join the network
- Opportunity for new business – FORGE’s connections have resulted in more than $41M in known contracts
- New business and workforce opportunities – FORGE helps manufacturers and suppliers get a jumpstart on future opportunities and markets, as well as attract an enterprising workforce by demonstrating their dedication to innovative technologies
- Derisked connections – FORGE ensures our referrals are right-fit and ready for manufacturers and suppliers
- Trusted resource – We have built trust with regional suppliers and innovative companies, making more than 2,500 connections between innovators and manufacturers
- Networking made easy – Access to FORGE’s public events, which provide opportunities to strengthen your connections, credibility, and brand recognition
- FORGE is your boots on the ground – We travel throughout the state to discover innovative opportunities. When an innovator requests a product or service, we make the introduction to the right company and they take it from there
FORGE’s Merrimack Valley Office in the UMass Lowell Innovation Hub
Our newest MA office, serving northeastern Massachusetts, is part of the Lowell Innovation Hub, sharing space with some of Merrimack Valley’s most advanced tech entrepreneurs and experts.
110 Canal St. Ste 318 Lowell, MA 01852