FORGE helps innovators navigate the journey from physical prototype through to commercialization and impact at scale. We provide instruction, training, access to grants, and right-fit introductions to regional suppliers and manufacturers.
Research and Development: Connecticut is in the top 10 states for R&D spending. Its businesses are investing in innovative products. FORGE can connect growing innovative companies to a strong, advanced regional supply chain network.
Advanced Manufacturing: Connecticut has robust manufacturing capabilities. There are more than 4,000 manufacturing companies in the state. More than 70 percent of its manufacturing jobs are advanced, the highest percentage in New England. The state has a decades-long history of manufacturers bringing products to market, from vulcanized rubber and friction matches, to sewing machines, lollipops, corkscrews, mechanical calculators and the submarine! With a robust ecosystem of manufacturers and suppliers, Connecticut has just what startups with physical products need to succeed.
The FORGE Connecticut program is supported by funding and collaboration from the following organizations
FORGE fosters relationships with a blossoming ecosystem of organizations that work with startups and manufacturers. We’re always evolving our collaboration to keep pace with startups’ ever-changing needs.
FORGE Connecticut Ecosystem Collaborators
Hear from Connecticut’s Innovative Companies
“FORGE has been a critical partner as we scale our product for launch. We would not have hit many milestones without them! Building hardware is hard, but FORGE provides a catalyst to helping founders turn their products into a physical reality.“
— David Dellal, CEO
“FORGE was a great help to us in the early stages of our company. Their people and network are really helpful. We are excited to see them bring their magic to Connecticut.“
— Frank Kuchinski, co-founder
The FORGE Supply Chain Network
- Zero costs – FORGE is a mission-driven 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so it costs nothing to join the network
- Opportunity for new business – FORGE’s connections have resulted in more than $41M in known contracts
- New business and workforce opportunities – FORGE helps manufacturers and suppliers get a jumpstart on future opportunities and markets, as well as attract an enterprising workforce by demonstrating their dedication to innovative technologies
- Derisked connections – FORGE ensures our referrals are right-fit and ready for manufacturers and suppliers
- Trusted resource – We have built trust with regional suppliers and innovative companies, making more than 2,500 connections between innovators and manufacturers
- Networking made easy – Access to FORGE’s public events, which provide opportunities to strengthen your connections, credibility, and brand recognition
- FORGE is your boots on the ground – We travel throughout the state to discover innovative opportunities. When an innovator requests a product or service, we make the introduction to the right company and they take it from there
FORGE’s Connecticut Office
FORGE’s office in Hartford, CT puts us at the center of Connecticut’s robust manufacturing ecosystem and rapidly growing innovation community.
Meet the Connecticut Program Team
Join the FORGE Team
FORGE is hiring. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter must address why you’re a good fit and why we would be psyched to have you join us, how you learned about the role, and the date you’re available to start.
Equal opportunity: We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply. FORGE is an equal opportunity employer.